If you have a total loss of power
Check that there has not been a power cut, and that you have enough credit on your prepay meter.
- Turn off all circuits if controlled by fuses or miniature circuit breakers (MCBs)
- Do not remove fuses
- Reset the trip switch to the ‘on’ position and reset each circuit breaker in turn
- If the loss of power is due to a faulty circuit, that circuit breaker switch will ‘trip’ (turn off) when you try to turn it on again. If this happens, or if a fuse has blown, call us immediately on 01482 210842 so that a qualified electrician can repair it for you
If your sockets don’t work but other circuits do, it may be because one of your appliances has tripped the trip switch.
- Unplug all appliances and then follow the second and third steps above
- If all your circuits come back on, begin plugging your appliances back in one by one
- If one of your appliances is faulty it will trip the switch again. You will need to repair or replace this appliance
- If the circuit breaker won’t reset with all appliances unplugged, call us on 01482 210842 as there may be a fault with the circuit
If the fault is from a shower that was fitted by HCHA, it will be our responsibility to maintain it.
If HCHA is called out and it is a faulty appliance that is not our responsibility, this will result in a chargeable repair.
If you do not have a smoke alarm fitted at your property, please contact the repairs line on 01482 210842 to let us know.